Hello and Hurricane Updates from Christi's house in Cozumel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem..I just started a new thread to keep it in one place. Feel free to post anything you'd like me to pass on to Christi or Jason there and I'll read it to them next time they call...

SadiesMom:
No problem..I just started a new thread to keep it in one place. Feel free to post anything you'd like me to pass on to Christi or Jason there and I'll read it to them next time they call...

I'm a bit out of the loop here. Sadie's Mom who are you related to?:)

SadiesMom:
This is a dead-on hit with a storm that makes Gilbert and Emily look like nothing.

I sincerely hope that you are mistaken. Emily was certainly pale in comparison to Wilma, but Gilbert was a monster, and a direct hit as well. The signs of damage from Gilbert are still visible all over Cozumel, and I fervently hope that this one is not worse.

Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Please let us know what's needed when this is over. A community of support is just waiting for a request.

I've been posting on D2D for about 2 years under another screenname, but am a good friend of Christi's. I've also been a good friend of Jason and his wife's for two years and have spent a lot of time back and forth between their house and mine. I've got a lot of other SB friends who also post on D2D, although they may not recognize my name here - although they would definitely recognize my name from D2D.

ggunn:
I sincerely hope that you are mistaken. Emily was certainly pale in comparison to Wilma, but Gilbert was a monster, and a direct hit as well. The signs of damage from Gilbert are still visible all over Cozumel, and I fervently hope that this one is not worse.

Christi was the one who said it was worse than Gilbert...and that, I believe, was via Mago's judgement, as he was there during both (Christi moved to Coz after Gilbert). :-(

SadiesMom:
Christi was the one who said it was worse than Gilbert...and that, I believe, was via Mago's judgement, as he was there during both (Christi moved to Coz after Gilbert). :-(

According the the WSJ, Gilbert was 888 millibars and Wilma is 882; Wilma, at least according to the Journal, is worse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom