Hello and Need Visuals of PADI Dive Tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey All,

Am a newbie to this gig. Just want to say hi and am looking forward to 'meeting' some of you.

I am already asking for a favor, sorry. Does anyone have a source of downloadable visuals I can use in a PowerPoint presentation to teach PADI Dive tables? If you could point me in the right direction I would surely appreciate it.

I am a YMCA AI doing a crossover to PADI so I don't have all the necessary materials as of yet.

And of course I need this asap bc I teach the class Friday. :(

Hope I can return the favor sometime!

Thanks,

Dee

how do you teach PADI tables without being PADI certified first :confused:

May I ask if you are even familiar with the PADI tables? THey are different than the Y tables which as you know are based on the navy tables. The layout is a little different and there is no table "D" to cover deco. And while I'm sure you know how to teach the Y tables and have done so as an AI and even DM have you been checked out on PADI's? Their guidelines as to who can teach what are a little narrower. It may be a violation of standards for you to do so with actual students. If it's just practice then that's a different story.

Good points above. For the sake of your students please make sure you know what you're doing first.

All the material you'll need can be found by googling "PADI RDP" and clicking on images.

R..

Just checked my standards and as you are not yet a PADI A/I, IT IS a violation of standards for you to teach any academic portions of the PADI course. AI's may teach the academic portions under indirect supervision. But you must be an active status PADI AI to do so. So unless you have actually completed the crossover you should not be teaching this class.

Just checked my standards and as you are not yet a PADI A/I, IT IS a violation of standards for you to teach any academic portions of the PADI course.

She said she is an AI doing a cross over. Clearly the cross over must be official before she can give kind of PADI programme.

R..

She said she is an AI doing a cross over. Clearly the cross over must be official before she can give kind of PADI programme.

R..
No, she has to complete the crossover.

o....k.... I'm not sure what you and I are saying that differ but either way she needs to be "authorized" to teach it....I'm sure we both agree about that.

R..

Wow! I certainly incited a maelstrom!

This will be a practice run so my instructor will have an opportunity to evaluate how I present a technical topic. My instructor does not believe in the use of visuals (?), hence my request as I find them an effective teaching tool. And yes, I am aware the Y tables differ from PADI's and am confident I will be able to teach them.

Thanks for your concern for the students, just goes to show you there are caring instructors out there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom