Hello everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fsudiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi everyone. I have been hearing about this forum for a long time, and have even visited before, but I finally decided to join. I am trying to find out how visibility is in the Gulf- especially near Panama City- following Hurricane Dennis. I will surf around, but if you know anything about the vis, please let me know. :)

Hi fsudiver, and welcome to SB, great place to find out things like how's the vis at...
But Since this is an introduction forum you may want to post your question here.
Florida Conch Divers
David

And wow, this introduction already has a 5 star rating, wonder who did that? :wink:

Hello FSUDiver,
welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon
Laurens

I saw this on another board and went back and got it for you.
Should help some, since no one else has posted.

Gulf Conditions 5/17/05
« on: Yesterday at 08:31:00 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conditions overall are much better than expected after Hurricane Dennis.

PC Barge 20' vis
3 Barges 15-20'vis
Pensacola Bay 15' vis
Water Temps 82

Lots of Fish - Grouper did not come in as close as they normally do after a tropical storm, but have been plentiful on the offshore sites and natural bottom areas. Lots of BIG snapper have come in close, as have large schools of amberjack.
(This was taken from the MBT forum out of Pensacola)...............

fsudiver:
Thanks, David! I posted there and will wait to see the response. :)
You are quite welcome, I see you are gettings some replies already.

Your best source of info would be your local dive club forum, and you should get to know your neighbors there anyway. Great bunch of divers, friendly folks, new dive buddies. :nod: See you around the forums...

don :cowboy:

Welcome to SCUBABOARD !!! :balloon

PS: Befor you go surf that part of the Gulf, Be sure that you don't have a baby seal painted on the bottom of your board..... lol :hai:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom