Hello Everyone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I am not yet a diver but very interested in becoming one. Maybe even going as far as Instructor if I can. I will be doing it alone as I have no friends or relatives interested nor financially able to do it. :( Anyway, my first diving experience is going to be in March of 2004 when I go on vacation to Australia. I will be going to Cairns and doing my dive training with ProDive there. As well as doing my Advanced OW course there too. I am hoping to make this a good experience and if anyone out there has any suggestions I will gladly take heed. Thanks ,

Dennis

Dennis...goood luck in your quest. I hope you enjoy your experience in Austrailia, and there is tons of info here on the board for newbies...loook around, and use the search feature to find info

Welcome to the board

Welcome to the finest board, Scuba or otherwise. But... do yourself a favor, and don't wait the year! Go get certified locally and start diving now!!! You will enjoy the phenominal diving Australia has to offer far more if you get some experience before you go. The board is great and you can learn a lot from it... but get thee hence and learn to dive!

Enjoy your stay and learn from some of these fools, differently mixed up bunch but can learn allot and continue your dive training and experience

I second NetDoc - if you can find a way - get certified sooner!! You'll have more fun in Australia ...... just wish I hadn't waited as long as I did!!:)

welcome aboard dennis. enjoy diving and too stay wet as much as possible..

This is a great chat forum. One can pick up alot of knowledge from here.

Good luck and safe diving to ya...

sam...:wink:

welcome Dennis

none of my friends or family dive either but i took the plunge a few months ago and love it. my dive club is a great place to find buddies to dive with and they are great with sharing their knowledge.

i also agree with netdoc and kat! then you can relax and have more time to get in the water and check it all out instead of spending half your holiday in the classroom and pool!

i'm heading up cairns way in january - looking forward to it.

summer

like everybody, get your OW now!!!!! don't waste your time...
good luck in Autralia and take care with sharks... je je je :eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom