Hello Everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padrogj

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Everyone,

I am new to SCUBA and new to this board. Me and my 2 sons will be taking our OW certification. Right now we are about ready to commit to Beach Cities Scuba. I welcome any input that any of you may have.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Welcome to SB----1st thing I'd do is take a moment & fill out more of your public profile....Bet a lot(like me) have no idea where you are located.......

In the ocean is very good.

Welcome to diving and the world of Scuba :) :)

Don't buy anything other than the basic required personal gears.

Wait until you're done with the class and then maybe consider buying more expensive gears once you know what you're getting into.

Welcome to your new world. You will love it. Just curious to know how old your sons are and what is their comfort level in the water?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to SCUBA and new to this board. Me and my 2 sons will be taking our OW certification. Right now we are about ready to commit to Beach Cities Scuba. I welcome any input that any of you may have.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Hope you all have fun on your course. Perhaps check out some of the stickies in this forum section like:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne.../166469-what-consider-new-student-diving.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...ng/287780-how-find-excellent-scuba-class.html

Greetings padrogj and welcome to Scuba Board! Diving is a awesome activity that you will all enjoy. It is a gift that you can give your son's to take with them on into their lives. I too have offered this to my son and daughter and it is not cheap but undeniably one the most awesome activities we share. The training teaches many lessons about life and the determination and confidence that will act as a spring board for life challenges.

Enjoy the time with them I loved every minute and am just starting to help my son with the academic portion of his coarse. It is really different than my daughter who finished her's in a week and a half and when we reviewed only missed 4 or 5 from the quick quizzes. Every child is different and we know that already, don't we!

Have fun and purchase your start up gear and spend lots of time playing with it pre-pool. Clean your masks well and de-fog is handy. Kids are naturals at the playing part and you will be amazed at how much this helps you as well!
Good luck and have a ball!
CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! It looks like I am getting involved with a great sport and a good group of people!

Altamira,
My two boys are 15 and 17 years old. We have grew up around the ocean. First in Hawaii and now reside in Hungtington Beach, Ca. My kids are avid Surfers and love snorkeling as well. I regret not committing to SCUBA sooner. Also, I received a Minor in Marine Bio, so it is a little unusual that I never certified.
Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom