Hello everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Benjamin2207

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I am a Belgian diver. I will be in New Orleans from October 28th to November 4th

First, sorry for my english. I speak french.

I would like some information to do one or two dives. If it's possible ?

I am level 2 CMAS (More than 100 dives)

This will be the first time in Louisania.

Someone can help me to find a dive club ? I allready try with à Nice guy from Tementos on New Orléans but he said me : "It is Fall weather and usually quite windy"

And I sent an E-mail to pelagic but no answer.

Because I'm new, I invite you to see my last dive. Belgium diver dives in an old excavation (I'm not sure, it's a hole where we extract the stone). The max deep is auround 40 meter. And now, the température is 11°C. In the video, my max deep was 30m.

And we dive in the north see too.

See you,

Benjamin

Last edited:
Welcome to scubaboard, and nice video!

I traveled to New Orleans in 2013 and never did find any diving in that area. I posted a thread here asking about it: Where to dive in Louisiana? and responses were limited. The conversations I had with locals were not encouraging. Several times, people told me to just wait till I got back home to dive. I didn't end up diving while I was there. I hope I just missed something and you find a great dive.

So, here's what I found:
Harry's Dive Shop - 4709 Airline Drive Metairie, LA 70001 - 8 miles from New Orleans Convention Center
Coral Reef Dive Shop, 1501 Gause Blvd #7, Slidell, LA 70458 - 34 miles from New Orleans Convention Center

There's a "Diver's Supply Inc" in town, but it is not the better known "Diver's Supply" with a nearly identical name that is popular with scubaboard members. This place is a shop for commercial diving and they sell stuff for hard hat divers like umbilical equipment, decompression chambers, etc.

Good luck!

P.S. If you do end up doing some diving in New Orleans, please share your experience here. I know I'll be making it back there sooner or later and would like to have know the details.

Thank you for tour answer, Kelemvor.

I have several mounths to prépare my trip. I Will try to find something.

I hear there are charters to oil rigs off the LA coast. I took a charter out of Gautier, MS which was very good, but expensive.
Best charter and shore diving is East on the Florida Panhandle. From Pensacola to Panama City. Ask about that on SE USA forum--Deep Dixie divers (not the Florida forum).

Hello TMHeimer.

Thank's for your help.

Oil riggs could be fun.

I asked to Viking Diving in Panama. If the waether and see is ok, he help me. I've just 3h to go somewhere around Orange beach.

Welcome to SB where you can spend your surface intervals with fun and joy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom