Hello from Bay City, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnowen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just getting back into diving after taking ~ 10 years off. Made two "refresher dives" in Mammoth, Took the SSI Nitrox course, and will take Advanced Open Water at the beginning of Aug. Need dive buddies.

All of us from north texas are sending good wishes/vibrations your way.

Just getting back into diving after taking ~ 10 years off. Made two "refresher dives" in Mammoth, Took the SSI Nitrox course, and will take Advanced Open Water at the beginning of Aug. Need dive buddies.

HI:
I'm about 30 minutes away from you. We're talking about going to Mammoth Lake in Aug. How was it?
Oh and welcome back to Scuba. :)

HI:
I'm about 30 minutes away from you. We're talking about going to Mammoth Lake in Aug. How was it?

X2...how was Mammoth?

See...you can't just come here and say "I went diving at ....." and leave it at that. You have to tell us about it. :wink:

HI:

Not bad, visibility is nowhere as good as the rigs, but as I don't have a boat I can get there by car. lol

I just took my Nitrox course from Mike, and will do my Advanced Open Water at the beginning of Aug.

I am up for diving there when ever someone wants to go. Also looking for anyone who has dive around Austin how is Lake Travis?

Not bad, visibility is nowhere as good as the rigs, but as I don't have a boat I can get there by car. lol

Did you dive any of the wrecks? I heard they sunk 60 wrecks. Is that true? Are there a lot of divers there? How much to get in? Are they filling tanks? Thx!

Natasha,
Yes, there are atleast 60 wrecks. Most of them are between 15'-25' run-about boats. But there are also several cabin boats in the mid-30' range. And my favorite wreck is a 60' 1900s Rum Runner sail boat. There is also about a 80' yellow submarine.

The number of divers have been different just about every day. Seems like Saturdays are the busiest days with about 60-100. Fridays and Sundays normally have somewhere around 30-50 people.

Entry is $20 for diver and $10 for non-divers

Air fills are $6 for up to 80 CF and $7 for larger.

I am not sure about viz cause I was busy diving offshore last weekend. I did notice two weeks ago that the alga was really starting to bloom so the vis might be down a little.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom