Hello from Cornwall, U.K.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
No, my friends are not divers, but they have shown me where the divers go. I last saw them three years ago and I miss them very much.

Two of my favorite places in Cornwall are the Goonhilly Downs Earth Satellite Station and the Eden Project. They are both awesome!
I've heard they are closing down Goonhilly, last time I passed there was a dish being dismantled but that could just be servicing etc.

Eden Project is excellent, and only a few miles away from me, they have some good live gigs there too.

Missdirected:
Yes, Falmouth. 10 degrees? Are you stark raving mad?
winky.gif
I am mad, but it will cool down soon (the water will be 6 degrees by march) I've got about 8 dives planned for this month and more for Feb.

Mark Milburn:
I've heard they are closing down Goonhilly, last time I passed there was a dish being dismantled but that could just be servicing etc.

I hope it's just for servicing. I would hate to see the entire place shut down. It's a pretty important telecommunications centre.

Goonhilly Satellite Earth Station

ScubaTexan:
I hope it's just for servicing. I would hate to see the entire place shut down. It's a pretty important telecommunications centre.

Goonhilly Satellite Earth Station
You know what rumours are like. They said that due to the increase in internet phones that it was no longer going to be a viable operation. Many cheap phone operators use the internet for calls abroad. Its cheaper to call my mate on his mobile phone in Thailand then it is to ring someone out of the county on a normal landline!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom