Hello from Cornwall, U.K.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Everyone and thanks for the welcome.

ScubaTexan:
Welcome to Scubaboard, Mark. I have friends in Porthleven.
:wavey:
I know a couple of people in Porthleven, I don't get there too often. I must ask, it isn't Rommel is it? You either know him or you don't.

Hi Ringo!! It was you mentioning scubaboard that made me decide to join.

Hello Doc in Devon, never dived out of Exmouth, yet. I'm up that way for a deepy sometime this year, can't remember when.

Mark Milburn:
Hello Doc in Devon, never dived out of Exmouth, yet. I'm up that way for a deepy sometime this year, can't remember when.

You out with YD on Wave Chieftian 3 with Richard Tibbs?
If so, you'll have a great time!!

Diving Doc:
You out with YD on Wave Chieftian 3 with Richard Tibbs?
If so, you'll have a great time!!
I honestly can't remember, I book myself onto trips, enter them into my phone than wait for it to remind me the day before. It is more likely to be a SWM trip as it is local.

I'm also on a couple of trips out of Plymouth (shallow) and Salcombe sometime!!

We're gonna try and get on the Scylla 13/14th Jan for the whole weekend, I've got the complete deck layouts that I've laminated. I'm gonna see if I can find somewhere I haven't seen before. We're doing 3/4 dives a day, hopefully I can get some nice photo's using the WAL & strobes, but if the vis is crap it'll be nudibranchs instead :D and probably less dives. It may be boring but at £50 for the 2 days, how could I resist? (weather permitting of course)

Great price mate, i would have bit his fingers off for that!

I like you already! I've been to Cornwall many times. Even worked there once. Well not really my friends owned a cafe there, when I would visit I would help out :wink: Do you ever go to the Star n Garter at the top of the hill?

Well, pleasure having you here on the board. Lay back, kick up your feet, and enjoy. It's a pretty good place here.

Hi Misdirected, I must say I have never been in the Star & Garter, I presume you mean the one in Falmouth. We always end up in the Chain Locker on Customs house Quay after a dive, thats where the dive boats leave and return.

If you're over here again you should try diving locally, there's some great stuff. We normally dive every Friday evening, but I've just been told Friday evenings dive is off, the boat skipper has an ear infection and can't even stand!!

That would have been my first dive of 2007, a night time, drift dive in 10 degree water, what more could you want :D

Gotta make my mind up as to go out on Saturday or wait until the following weekend.

Mark Milburn:
I know a couple of people in Porthleven, I don't get there too often. I must ask, it isn't Rommel is it? You either know him or you don't.

No, my friends are not divers, but they have shown me where the divers go. I last saw them three years ago and I miss them very much.

Two of my favorite places in Cornwall are the Goonhilly Downs Earth Satellite Station and the Eden Project. They are both awesome!

Mark Milburn:
Hi Misdirected, I must say I have never been in the Star & Garter, I presume you mean the one in Falmouth. We always end up in the Chain Locker on Customs house Quay after a dive, thats where the dive boats leave and return.

If you're over here again you should try diving locally, there's some great stuff. We normally dive every Friday evening, but I've just been told Friday evenings dive is off, the boat skipper has an ear infection and can't even stand!!

That would have been my first dive of 2007, a night time, drift dive in 10 degree water, what more could you want :D

Gotta make my mind up as to go out on Saturday or wait until the following weekend.

Yes, Falmoth. 1o degrees? Are you stark raving mad? :winky:

Seems your mention of Cornwall has brought back some good memories Mark. :D

Welcome Mark to ScubaBoard.. I believe you mean 10 degrees C, which is still cold...:D

I was in Verwood this past fall visiting friends. Went down to Poole to see the chain ferry and Bournemouth and few other smaller towns in southern England. Enjoyed it very much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom