Hello from Cornwall, U.K.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Milburn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I thought I'd join and say Hello from Cornwall in the U.K.

I currently use some more local forums such as Yorkshire Divers (Okeanos) and South West Mafia (Mark) which are both based in the U.K. so some people on here may already know me.

I am an active diver, I logged 163 dives last year from 4.6m to 63.5m using either OC or CCR. Most were completed around Cornwall.

Qualified as a PADI DM, TDI Adv Tmx, BSAC CCR and DSAT Adv gas blender I make the most of my location. 10 minutes from the North coast and the Atlantic Ocean and 10 minutes from the south coast means I can get a dive in at any time of year. I also have access to 2 local quarries (8m & 92m) if the vis in the sea is no good.

I also have my own compressor (with a new one on its way) and a RHIB as well as a hardboat project which I am just starting.

I love taking photographs underwater, although I am not a photographer, I also like taking video. I have just had a small article with photographs published in a local newspaper about some local diving and I am looking forward to trying to get more exposure in that field.

Hopefully this year I will be completing my HSE Scuba diver qualification just in case any little local jobs become available. I do not want to do it full time.

We have some very good dives at all sorts of depths, with some very colourful reefs (The Manacles for one) and some excellent wrecks at various depths including an intact WW1 U-boat and huge WW2 Liberty Ships. Visibility can range from 3m on a bad day on the south coast to 25m on a good day on the north coast.

If anyone would like any information about this part of the world I will do whatever I can to help.

As this is such a busy place I might have trouble finding specific questions about the local area, posting them below would probably be easiest for me.

p.s. I just re-read my intro and it looks like an ad. I am not connected with any diving operations or any commercial venture in the diving industry, I work in a building supplies company.

Mark, welcome to ScubaBoard!! Enjoy!

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome to Scubaboard, Mark. I have friends in Porthleven.
:wavey:

smilies-41093.png

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Threads & Replies without reading the Stickies at the tops of most forums. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom