Hello From Finland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just joined the group here, and a nice fellow named Ben asked me to say a bit of something about me and where I am from. I live in Helsinki, Finland, and I am a Diving Instructor. I teach both Recreational and Technical Courses, and my personal diving preference is technical.

I am a DIR diver (Doing It Right) If you don't know what that is all about, go to www.halcyon.net or www.gue.com you will quickly find out =)

Most all of my dives this time of year are ice dives, and year round I dive in a dry suit (DUI TLS350 Signature Series)

I love teaching and getting people passionate about diving. Diving is the most important thing in my life, and many women have found that out the hard way, as I am now single again (horray!!!)

I use Re-Breathers a lot, and I also have 2 Gavin Scooters to cart me around some of the deep or long dives. If you don't know what a Gavin is go to www.gavinscooters.com

I also love helping people get their equipment configurations in good order, and the appropriate way (no there are not many ways of doing this, but rather only a few ways), and yes this causes lots of conversation threads where I love to argue with people as long as we keep it professional =)

If anyone wants any information on Ice, Cave, Wreck, Scooters, Equipment Configurations etc. etc. let me know any time!

David
Helsinki, Finland

Welcome to the board, I think????

Wow right of the start you are swinging! Go easy man. There are many opinions and many ways to make your point - some persuasive, based on how they are delivered and the content. Other views will not see any acceptance if they are delivered in a derogatory manner. To quote another (respected) board member, King Kong Matt:

...a little diplomacy might make your posts go a little further.

I welcome your enthusiasm, 8 posts in an hour. Wow

So exactly which GUE classes have you taken? Who were you instructors?

We are always interested in getting reports about GUE classes and what went on...which is why I'm asking.

Egads...welcome to the board I guess.

My only advice would be to be mellow around here...this is a great place for exchanging information - it really is. People just don't like a force feeding.

Hiya David!

You've had too much Kool Ade, huh?

You'll find a lot of DIR divers here, as well as a lot of non-DIR divers. Even one of the GUE big shots is here.

A lot of us know the big DIR guys personally, we've dived with them even.

A bit of advice: don't push things too hard until you get to know us.

WW

Welcome to the boards! Swing for the fences and watch out for the rotten vegatables.

DIR Tec Diver, I'd like to extend a welcome. We are looking forward to your contributions to the scubaboard. I'd like to let you know we are a pretty diverse crowd, when it comes to DIR and other subjects discussions can and have become heated.

But I think Michael Kane, member name MHK has set the record straight on quite a few issues. You might search the board for threads that include posts from him.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
Welcome aboard Mr Troll!

Hmmm, aint seen O-ring in a quite a few posts... A new sock puppet perhaps? :wink:

Cave Diver once bubbled...

Hmmm, aint seen O-ring in a quite a few posts... A new sock puppet perhaps? :wink:

A sock puppet for sure but not O-Ring's. Mr. Super DIR, rebreathers? Hmmmmm.....

Oh well, he'll be a welcome distraction from the war fights until we figure out whose puppet he is :)

WW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom