Hello From Finland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have to PM everyone my cell phone number so that when the wacky kool aid sock puppet forum starts up I'll know about it. I just hit search on all the posts and I'm up to speed...Matt, O-Ring, Wreckwriter, you guys kill me.

So back to the welcomes...great DIR tec diving guru...please help me out with a question I have regarding my current dive goals. I'm interested in taking the PADI rec tec course as I think it really gives the GUE some serious competition. I see that you are a PADI instructor as well so I was hoping you could help me understand a little more about the course. I want to do more deep diving but I think I need some more training. Right now I dive a single to about 165-170 feet on air but I have a pony bottle so I have a redundant source to get me to the surface if I need it. I'm just wondering if it's better to stick with PADI or if I should wait until I'm more experienced and take the GUE Tech classes. Since you teach both, I really value your opinion.

Welcome David

Let me tell you that there are a lot of DIR people in this Forum - I've been learning a lot from them and love to read their posts, despite the fact that I'm not DIR.

I also love helping people get their equipment configurations in good order, and the appropriate way (no there are not many ways of doing this, but rather only a few ways), and yes this causes lots of conversation threads where I love to argue with people as long as we keep it professional =)

You should try to see if people love the way you help them ... from what you post on General Tek Discussions, I have some doubts!

Any way be welcome here ...

Sue

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
The guy hasn't even gotten off the ground yet!

Nonsense. Total, complete, and utter nonsense...

He ripped off approx. 10 posts in an hour - all of them telling someone how they were doing things wrong and if they weren't doing things DIR, with a Halcyon plate and DUI TLS 350, then they shouldn't be doing things at all...exactly the kind of close-mindedness that starts massive flamewars on this board and which...you would think...the moderators are here to prevent.

This guy came out swinging without taking even a moment to get to know the character of the board or any of its members. If he took it a little across the chin, it was hardly unexpected - some might even suggest that it was warranted.

All my love,
KKM

Aquamaniac once bubbled...

C'Mon, you guys log IP addy's......At least tell us the first 3 numbers......
I think I know who he is...besides, every board needs its own version of GI3, right? We can call him George Jr...

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
bwerb, this is an intro for goodness sakes! The guy hasn't even gotten off the ground yet!

if he's for real, he should talk to some of his DIR buddies because he is projecting just the opposite image than what they would prefer.

Seems to have some "book" knowledge....

but recommending silicone grease on regulator hose orings?

nah. Too easy. Give us a challenge.

cwb once bubbled...

uh... technically, would that be GI4... or "g-force" for short? You know... that guy that comes out "forcing" his weight around?
Yeah, ok, I can go with GI4...

how many DIR folks do you know that "use Re-Breathers a lot"? I think this guy is a sock puppet.

WW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom