Hello from Japan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hello--------I would like to find the guy who is telling people that Scuba is cheap!!! I would like to beat him down---Scuba is not cheap, but it is FUN---- If you want to be a DIver you are going to have to save money- Borrow Money--Do what ever you need to do to achieve your goal--- and thats all I have to say about that

Welcome

Hi All!

Crayon - I'm diving with an outfit named "Umitaro". "Umi" means "ocean" in Japanese. They have a little inn in Futo, Izu. They're a really nice group. I think they have multiple locations.

glbirch - There is a lot of good diving here, from what I hear. Especially down in Okinawa. My only dives so far, my training dives, took place off of the Izu peninsula, East of Tokyo. It's about a 4 hour drive from Kofu (where I live). I have nothing to compare it to, but it was quite beautiful. Japanese divers also travel frequently to Guam, Saipan, Palau, and Hawaii. I'll probaby be saving my pennies and spending most of my time in Izu or heading down to Okinawa. But trips to Guam seem to be pretty reasonable, and I've seen some awesome pictures from there!

jpbeck - Bullseye on both points... expensive and fun! Done quite a bit more investigation on the price differences between Japan and elsewhere, and it seems that the difference is almost exactly double, item for item. Sooo.... I can beg/borrow/steal/save $2000 to get started, or only $1000. If you do find the guy who said diving is cheap, smack him a coupla time for me, ok?

Really looking forward to getting back in that water! :)

Joel

Welcome to the board!! Diving in Okinawa is awesome and the prices on gear here are a lot better than in Tokyo. Send me an e-mail when you want to head this way.

Back
Top Bottom