Hello from New Orleans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dadiver

Registered
Reaction score
Great board has a wealth of information. We just got back from our weekend open water Scuba Certification in Destin, Florida. It was a miserable weekend with rain, cold water in Vortex Springs and rough seas, low visibility and strong currents in the Gulf of Mexico. The company was good as we rented a beautiful home with our group of students and instructors. The diving was not so good; but we did well, and now we’re certified!

On Sunday Morning the weather was beautiful and our boat trip out to the Gulf of Mexico was on. Seas were rough and we’re rolling, up and down, side to side, and my wife is now ill. We drop anchor and jump in. She didn’t like it one bit. It started getting better for her when instructor tells the kid in front of her, “Check to see if he was properly weighted so the kid lifts up what he thinks is his low pressure inflator hose to release the air from his BCD and the instructor tells him, “No, that’s not your BCD hose, you’re using your snorkel!” she now laughing. We did a short dive here to 60’ then right back up to a safety stop and out of this mess! We did our final dive in the protected water behind the jetties, which was much better for all of us.

Also looking for some interesting dive sites close to New Orleans.

I'm also new to the board. Hello from New York. My husband and I also just got certified a couple weeks ago. One of our dives - 50' was rough too but visibility was good and it was actually our favorite. We're just thrilled to be certified and look forward to many new dives ahead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom