Hello from Scotland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KevinColl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Fairly new to diving, but think I have the bug.

Qualified PADI OW last year in Portugal, and have had some fun dives in Lanzarote and Thailand since.

Back to Lanzarote in May for (fingers crossed) PADI Advanced Open Water.

Trip to Gozo booked for Sept, so any dive school / site recommendations would be appreciated!

Think I will just be a "holiday" diver - Scotland just seems too cold!!!

Welcome from a cold(er) water diver - I'll be hitting the Great Lakes this season!

Welcome to the best kept secret, the underwater world.

Diving in warm tropical waters in nice, Thailand, Philippines, Bali etc. However, Scottish diving is world class, but you have to put more effort it. Few commercial outlets, most diving is done with clubs of whoever you find off the Interweb.

Yesterday, I was teaching 5 OW/AOW from other agencies rescue skills for their cross-over to become BSAC Sports Divers.

All the best

Edward

Definitely sounds like you got the bug :) Welcome.

We dived with Bezz Diving based in Mellieha, Malta a few years ago. From there, the only sites in Gozo we dived were The Blue Hole & Inland Sea - definitely recommended!

So far I've only been a holiday diver too and love it! haven't got my arse into gear to dive in the Uk, but I know I should, esp being based on the coast...this could be the year, perhaps when things have warmed up a bit in Aug / Sept though :wink:

Enjoy! :scubadiver:

Think I will just be a "holiday" diver - Scotland just seems too cold!!!
You have great diving, Scapa Flow, right on your door step.
I have been there couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed the experience even for a tropical warm water diver.

Welcome. I decided I didn't want to be a holiday diver, and also not a fan of the Canadian cold waters....so I moved. LOL. Just a thought. Glad to help feed your bug.:snorkel:If you're ever in Thailand send me a message...we go diving. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom