Hello from South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaNats

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone :D

I first started diving in the pool with my dad at 6 years old, did Junior Open Water at 15 and I've recently qualified as a dive master and have been working as a scuba slave part-time for the last year. As well as diving, I love writing, the bush and, of course, the BEACH!!!! Apart from numerous holidays, I have unfortunately spent the majority of my 21 years in a city :( so, super keen to explore the world and all the adventure it has to offer.

Apart from diving and adventure, I also love rescue - both diving and non-diving related and if I dont get to some beautiful exotic island next year I will be joining the NSRI.

Right. That's about it. So, HELLO!!!! Look forward to chatting with fellow bubble blowers :eyebrow:

Hi Scubanats -

It's good to see a fellow Saffa on the Board; I hope you enjoy the conversations here, I've found them really interesting and unbelievably useful. One the really cool things is that it prepares you for how different diving can be in other parts of the world, not just about conditions, but in the way they do things.

Where were you scuba slaving?

Hi! Thanks :) I've only heard stories... really looking forward to seeing the diversity on here!!! I started out at Double M but that school has now merged with Brightwater Scuba Centre at Brightwater Commons. Where do you dive??

I belong to a club known as the Scubaholics, which is attached to Plan-D Suba, a small shop in Parktown North. My favorite dive spot in South Africa is Aliwal Shoal, but I have been fortunate enough to dive from Cape Town (cold, but worth it) all the way up to Inhambane/Tofu. I recently went to the Red Sea (a week on a liveaboard and four days in Dahab) and that is very nice diving. If I can do some creative budgeting, I'm hoping to go to the Maldives in December.
Which would be your favourite venues?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom