Hello from Vietnam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duc Pham

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi everyone,

My name is Duc, from Vietnam. I haven't had opportunity to dive and explore the ocean yet.The reason I'm little afraid of diving is that I don't know how to swim. It's so weird that when I try to stay afloat on the water, I'm still under the water, so I can't take a breath to keep swimming. I guest before studying how to dive, I should learn how to swim first.

I really want to see eye to eye to coral reefs in Nha Trang though. Is there any way supporting in diving without knowing how to swim???

Hello and welcome. I would encourage you to become a proficient swimmer before going into diving.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Try wearing a wetsuit to float your body up a little higher and maybe that will help you get a breath.

Hello Duc ! Learn how to swim so you get comfortable in the water, then try using a mask, snorkel and fins to free dive. Then move on to SCUBA diving. Hope this helps. Good luck!

I took my Korean college roommate diving and he also couldn't swim....he loved the experience, but at 100lbs wet, he just couldn't tread water....lol.

Hi Duc: Welcome to ScubaBoard. A wonderful place to spend time when not diving. Vietnam has some good diving. You are lucky so take advantage.

Thank you guys for useful advices. I will apply your ideas and maybe some days I can see the coral reefs.

Wish you guys the best!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom