Hello from Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have friends that have done springs as well, but not sure I'd get much out of those other than crystal clear water.

You might be surprised. Depends on the spring, but there's some neat stuff in fresh water (I'm not a cave diver, so someone else can wax poetic about that). I'd like to do more of it.

The one I visited was Alexander Spring years ago, which is shaped like a Mexican sombrero turned upside down, with a roughly 26 foot deep 'bowl' where water comes in, and the surrounding edges of the 'hat' are so shallow you're practically snorkeling, and some of it had dense vegetation.

I saw gar, bowfin, a Florida soft-shell turtle close up, 3-stripe mud turtles and other creatures. At the surface in the distance, we saw a small alligator, and an old friend who tended to get there early photographed a very large gator there. I'm told one can see loggerhead musk turtles.

I think I recall hearing about Rainbow River, which sounded like it'd rock. Quick Googling turned up this article.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom