Hello - LI NY diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. As I understand it, Clark's beach was closed some years ago due to vandalism and attracting people dumping garbage.

It is gated and locked. It was opened back up only to divers due to the advocacy and influence of LIDA. Their website has the access requirements (found here Long Island Divers Association, LIDA):
  • You must contact LIDA to gain access to Secret Beach. Please email Barry Lipsky at info@lidaonline.com or call him at 631-495-4471 and he will provide the access code for the gate lock. If Barry is unavailable, please contact Bob Auteri at 516-768-7990.
  • In order to gain access to Secret Beach, all divers must first sign a Secret Beach Liability Release form and return it via email to LIDA at the following address: info@lidaonline.com
  • Please be advised that the Village of Greenport requires that a Dive Master or Dive Instructor be on-site at all times while diving is taking place.
  • Dive flags must be used when diving or snorkeling.
Thanks VERY much, I do really appreciate it. Though I wouldn't begin to go through all that. Curious--how does one get a DM to keep Greenport Village happy (and how do they know)? What if you are a DM....?

Thanks VERY much, I do really appreciate it. Though I wouldn't begin to go through all that. Curious--how does one get a DM to keep Greenport Village happy (and how do they know)? What if you are a DM....?

Like Kohanbash said above, you could go with one of the local clubs/shops to get the low down and see the site. I have only ever been there with a local club: Home - The Dive Club

I am not sure how the DM system works, when I've gone there's been a club member who's the designated DM but I'm not sure how to set that up with Greenport Village. Barry would be able to give you more info on setting up a dive.

Like Kohanbash said above, you could go with one of the local clubs/shops to get the low down and see the site. I have only ever been there with a local club: Home - The Dive Club

I am not sure how the DM system works, when I've gone there's been a club member who's the designated DM but I'm not sure how to set that up with Greenport Village. Barry would be able to give you more info on setting up a dive.
Thanks again. May look into that next summer when I'm down there.

Did a nice wreck yesterday, ventured a bit further out into the LI sound, just past the Middle Ground Lighthouse to an unidentified wreck in about 70' that Squalus Marine Divers refer to as "The Singer Wreck" on their youtube page. It's an old steamship with a huge boiler that lit up my sonar with up to 20' of relief. Dropped the anchor right on top and it made for a very interesting dive.
The Singer Wreck has since been identified.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom