Hello, Need Destination Wedding Suggestions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rye22

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all, new here, but not to diving. Been doing it for a couple years, fiancee and I recently completed our AOW. My max depth (133 ft) was this summer in Brockville in the St. Lawrence River when we did a negative drift dive (sucked the air out of the BC) to retrieve a reel that was in the shipping channel... Was a great dive! And it was monitored by a number of DM's and Instructors who I dove with

We are looking at getting married down south. Home is in Ontario (Canada) and we want to incorporate diving into our destination wedding.

We do not want to go to the following:
Mexico
Cuba
Dominican

All others are game. Just looking for advice on what the diving is like around the Caribbean. We want a resort setting and something that is not too expensive. We've dove/dived St. Lucia and had a good time, that was my first experience at ocean diving and I'm looking for something comparable or better.

So hello and if you can offer any suggestions on where to go, awesome!

Cheers,
Rye

Any of the islands in the Caribbean would be good. If you can swing it I would recommend the Grand Caymans. The diving and the snorkeling are great there and there is plenty to do on shore as well. They even have the Queen on their money to so you can feel at home.

Where ever you go congratulations and have a great time.

Albert

Have you got married already ?? If not, have you heard about diving in Brazil ? We do have some very nice dive spots, together with some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world and very hospitable people down here. Prices are not so high and in January/February summer heats up everything (except the water - gets a little colder).

Anyway, congratulations and lot's of fun u/w!!

welcome aboard

Thanks all,

We are actually going to get married in Aruba in Jan 2010. But we're thinking Bali, Tahiti, or out that way for our honeymoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom