Hello & Thank You!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dinesh

Registered
Reaction score
I currently live in San Francisco and I am relatively new to diving (although, over time, I hope to change that!).

Tommorrow, my fiancee and I head to Thailand where we plan to do plenty of diving and hopefully a nice liveaboard.

Do any fellow forum members have experience with quality liveaboards out of Phuket, and could you provide any recommendations?

Regards,
Dinesh

Howdy Dinesh! :sunny

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don

dinesh:
I currently live in San Francisco and I am relatively new to diving (although, over time, I hope to change that!).

Tommorrow, my fiancee and I head to Thailand where we plan to do plenty of diving and hopefully a nice liveaboard.

Do any fellow forum members have experience with quality liveaboards out of Phuket, and could you provide any recommendations?

Regards,
Dinesh

Welcome to Scubaboard. Kind of short notice and you might find the biggest limiting factor to be what boats have space left, but we can give it a go. There are quite a few live-aboards running out of Phuket. Can you supply any more detail about what you're looking for? Trips can range from two days to ten days or more, and the boats range from basic accomodation up to floating resorts. I was there last November and booked a week on the Colona VI, and then an overnight trip to Phi-phi on the Greta. Both were good trips, and I thought the Greta trip was a great deal for the number of dives we did. I booked through Sunrise Divers http://www.sunrise-divers.com/ and have no complaints about them. You should be able to find a lot of information on what options there are for Thailand diving on their website.

Previously, my wife booked Thailand through DiveAsia http://www.diveasia.com/ and was very happy with their service. Their site should also give you more details on what kind of boats/trips are available and what choices you have for destinations.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and you might want to look in the Asia Travel forum, as there are a number of threads on Thailand diving. As well, if you have an idea of where you want to go (Similan, Phi Phi, Richelieu, wherever) try using the search feature of the board to find discussions on those sites. Might help you narrow the search more quickly.

welcome aboard!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom