Hello there, Can I ask you something?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onefishtwofish

Registered
Reaction score
Hey gang,

New member to the DB, and actually, this is my first time on a bulletin board ever. Nice to meet you all.

I'm from Montreal, but I'm presently living in Paris. In July I will have 2 months free to travel. I would like to use that time to get trained as a Divemaster. I presently have my Rescue certification, 22 dives logged.

I was wondering where I could go that is relatively cheap to get trained as a divemaster. I would happily go as far as Egypt, the Red Sea, anywhere in the [FONT=&quot]Mediterranean. Basically [/FONT] my question is this:

If we factor in flight, food, lodging, rentals, and cost of the course, where would be the cheapest place to get trained as a Divemaster, leaving from Paris.

I know this is a big question, so any info you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Am I even posting this in the right spot?

thanks for your help,

-Stephen

Welcome to the board.

Not trying to sound harsh but 22 dives and you are going for DM??? I'm just now going for rescue and have 63. Slow down dude.

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

smilies-41093.png

Big question for this forum. I'm sure you'll find better answers on the other forums here...

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Welcome to SB! Use the two months to dive, dive, dive before you do your DM cert.

Cheers.

-J.-

Hey thanks for those replies.

Yes I know 22 dives is very few, but I love getting trained, I love the learning. So since the minimum to start DM is 20, I've decided to go for it.

Plus you need 60 dives to complete DM anyways, so I figure I'd rather clock in those dives as part of a training.

Thanks for the advice, if any of you can answer my question, please let me know. I'll go check on those other boards...

-onefishtwofish

welcome to the sb. You really need to learn how to dive, before you even start to think about DM. Use the time to do some "fun dives" and just experiement with bouyance control. Watch the experienced DM's on your dive trips, and see how they do the boat briefing, and watch the divers, and assist with buddy pairs, and all the other things involved in being a dm... You have a long way to go, BUT you should start out with a good foundation.

[FONT=&quot]Hey gang,

Thanks for all your advice, but again, I'm not asking if I should get my DM, but where.

I will be going for my DM training, as I do have the minimum requirements. Yes it is important to do more dives, but I will not have 2 months off for many years to come. I can always do more fun dives and gain experience with a DM cert. I appreciate your concerns, but don't worry, I'm not a hot-head looking for an easy DM cert. It's just that if I don't do it now I will not have another opportunity for many years. Getting a DM cert does not necessarily mean I will be practicing as a DM immediately after.

So, if any of you know a high-quality yet cheap place to get a DM cert in Northern Africa/Middle East/Eastern Europe, I would be much obliged.

Thanks again for your thoughts and concerns,

-onefishtwofish[/FONT]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom