Help Deciding On Dives - Cancun Or Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone's point of view has been very helpful. I think on this trip I'll get in Cancun dives including a PADI course (drift, photography, navigation, deep diver - one of those). Manta Divers is just down the street from the hotel and reviews seem good. Your input has inspired me to plan a future trip just to Cozumel to do many dives there. It's semi-inexpensive from Atlanta to get there.
Thanks again!

I'd do the same thing. Getting to spend multiple days diving Cozumel will show you why so many people return to Cozumel over and over again.

No contest. Cozumel. The best diving! There is a reason why folks from all over the world go there to dive and then keep going back.

I had an amazing time with Pro Dive in Cozumel as well as the cenotes out of Playa del Carmen. If you prepay you can get 10% off if I remember correctly. They take credit card or cash in person as well.

what is the best time of year to go to cozumel,

You'll want to look up the Atlantic hurricane season and stay out of that time period. You may find some good deals during shoulder season (early hurricane or late hurricane season). Possible to coincide with one but I didn't run into that problem in mid to late September. :)

You won't be disappointed by going to Cozumel.

what is the best time of year to go to cozumel,
Year round, I especialy enjoy September through November, odds of an actual huricane are very low and the diving is less crowded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom