Help from a member of "Spearboard"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pensacolaracer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,

Would anyone in this forum happen to also be a member of Spearboard? I joined that group over 4 months ago and still can not post. I can log on just fine, just can't contribute to anything.

If anyone has access to "Srearmax" (admin there), I sure would appreciate some help getting verified or whatever it takes to allow me to post.

Handle there is the same as it is here.

Thanks for any help.

Chad

come to think of it, I think I had to email him twice and wait a day or two.

what's your user id there? (same as here?) I'll PM him on there.

EDIT: I just PM'd him there with a link to this thread. FYI

I am in the same boat as the OP. I emailed spearmax a couple of times (a while ago) and never heard back. Oh well. I decided that I would frequent Spearfishing Planet instead...

Just adding my two cents....I had to email and request my account be fixed so I could post on Spearboard too. Once I did, it was fixed in a couple of days. That said, a word of caution. Being that this is a SCUBA blog, I am assuming you SCUBA when you spearfish--at least some of the time. Spearboard "is not" friendly to SCUBA divers. They consider someone with a tank on their back to be one step above a child molester. You will not be welcome. They do not make SCUBA divers feel welcome. At least that has been my experience. It is sad; I had hoped that spear fishing was spear fishing. Evidentially, not......

Just adding my two cents....I had to email and request my account be fixed so I could post on Spearboard too. Once I did, it was fixed in a couple of days. That said, a word of caution. Being that this is a SCUBA blog, I am assuming you SCUBA when you spearfish--at least some of the time. Spearboard "is not" friendly to SCUBA divers. They consider someone with a tank on their back to be one step above a child molester. You will not be welcome. They do not make SCUBA divers feel welcome. At least that has been my experience. It is sad; I had hoped that spear fishing was spear fishing. Evidentially, not......

White Knight, your statement that Spearboard is not friendly to scuba divers is totally untrue. Most of the members use only scuba, some are freedivers and some do both. However, the forum is very friendly to everyone who dives regardless of their methodology. The owner of Spearboard, a fellow who goes by Spearmax dives almost exclusively on scuba. For now and forever, the board welcomes ALL spearfishermen.
Hopefully, we will be reading your posts in the near future and Welcome to Spearboard.

Hey,
Everyone is welcome on SpearBoard! I am sorry to hear about this perception. I have not met nicer Spearos, except of course SCUBABoard NorCal and SoCal sections. Some individuals may have their opinions, but there are many that SCUBA dive and freedive in the SpearBoard California section. Just got to get out and dive with them. Remember that many California SCUBA divers are freedivers during Abalone season.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom