Help ID Old SP gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boarderguy

Chief Narctopus Wrangler
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Any help would be appreciated here. Neighbor cleans out storage units and this made its way into my garage...

20231222_152952.jpg
20231222_153011.jpg
20231222_153017.jpg
20231222_153021.jpg

Mk7 (honker), and a pair of 109 seconds. Can't remember what the horse collar was called....

The master (Couv - RIP) could have stepped you through the mk7. The 109 seconds look nice.

I'd play with all of it (maybe not the mk7)...

Send it my way for safe disposal ..

Oh no. I can't get past the "S" being installed inside out. Is there a CO2 in the horse collar? They're always fun to pull.

Nice find. I like that model of pressure gauge with the black face too.

Horse collar is trash unless someone wants it. Are the 109s worth rebuilding?

Horse collar is trash unless someone wants it. Are the 109s worth rebuilding?
Of course my opinion, horse collar is trash even if someone wants it :wink:

109’s are easy and worth it to update to BA, the most usable part of the mk7 is the piston which can be used in the MK 5 if memory serves.

Based on my limited knowledge of these and minimal desire to do anything with them, anyone got an offer that I might entertain?

I had a vest like this purchased in 1972. The low-pressure inflator was a big advance, predecessor of the BC. The 109s are nice.

Nice! If you can rebuild a Mk 5 (or Mk 10), you can rebuild a Mk 7. Really straightforward.

Looks like yours is one of the older ones. The yoke on the newer ones is much hardier, intended for use on 3,000 (or 3,300) psig cylinders--although I've used the older one on Al 80's, no problem.

rx7diver

Based on my limited knowledge of these and minimal desire to do anything with them, anyone got an offer that I might entertain?
I would take those 109s for you. I'm local too. I would likely rebuild them, update them too balanced components. If successful i will give one back to you to use in style.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom