Help ID Old SP gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would take those 109s for you. I'm local too. I would likely rebuild them, update them too balanced components. If successful i will give one back to you to use in style.
I'm all for that. Are you back to diving yet? I'll be at saltwater and Redondo Tuesday.

Of course my opinion, horse collar is trash even if someone wants it :wink:

109’s are easy and worth it to update to BA, the most usable part of the mk7 is the piston which can be used in the MK 5 if memory serves.
What kit parts can be us
I'm all for that. Are you back to diving yet? I'll be at saltwater and Redondo Tuesday.
Almost. I will do a couple of boat dives in early January. I am going to try that before attempting a shore dive. Really all that is left to heal is my confidence in the ankle to support the weight and shore entrance.

What kit parts can be us
Almost. I will do a couple of boat dives in early January. I am going to try that before attempting a shore dive. Really all that is left to heal is my confidence in the ankle to support the weight and shore entrance.
The parts needed is a mix of G200 kit & G250 spring and poppet.

@davehicks we'll be doing a pair of shore dives and scooting the sites with lunch between. Are you near Des Moines or available that day?

I've used that exact second stage for the last several years to depths past recreational. The first stage is kinda obsolete and ridiculously heavy, but the second stages are good.
My max depth for now is 150. I'm planning a few more to there in the coming months and one to 165 this summer. If the 109 can be salvaged I'll give it a go and see which one I like better.

The Horse Collar looks like one of the old big ones. The kind I used was narrower across the front. I still use an upgraded Seaquest Horse Collar for SCUBA or Snorkeling.

Back
Top Bottom