Help me decide where to dive in Indonesia...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDT is located in Amed eastern coast of Bali. Nothing to worry about, it's as safe as the other parts of Bali you can walk the whole Amed coast nothing will happen except for scooters...In this area just watch out for "bule" backpackers riding scooters for the first time in their life thinking the road is theirs : they're the real threat to themselves and for the others too.

If you see many youngsters with wounded or bandaged knees, better steer away!

How cold does Lembongan get in November? The dive shop I'm going with said it can be 20-25*C, which seems bloody cold for me. I stop functioning around 26-27*C (immawuss). Does it ever get warm enough ie minimum 25C, average 27C and up?

What is Nusa Dua area like to stay in Bali and dive?
I’ve been offered a free stay at a friends hotel.

I’m also looking at a resort a couple of hours drive away on the North East coast with Bali Dive Trek (this is a recommendation from some other friends)

Beautiful area to stay in, not sure about diving outof there but i have no reason to believe that the dive op wouldn't be taking you to the mantas, Crystal Bay and SD point.
It's a long long way to dive Tulamben or Amed from there

@Cali_diver - Rivers of Babylon, Buffalo Soldier, Hotel California....the songs of the dive guides...maybe there is hope some new tunes will catch on.

If you go to Pulau Weh, you'll notice the most popular song is very weirdly "Aline" an old french favorite from the sixties everybody forgot. No one knows where the hype came from nor how it started in Weh .

Just ask any kid "Aline" in Weh, or put him on the track singing "et j'ai criéééé... " he'll sing the rest perfectly

An old French favorite, you say? Hmm, who could have taught them that?

Wait a minute,
Luko, aren't you French?

I plead not guilty.:confused:
I swear they already knew and sang it BEFORE I went.

I was in Nusa Penida / Nusa Lembongan last Friday. Manta Point was “mantap” as always. Crystal Bay was a bust, no Mola-Mola. Blue Corner was out of this world with 4 Mola-Molas, turtle, Eagle Ray & Thresher Shark (my first time seeing it).

3A63C0EB-58C8-4A2B-B48B-283682495E0D.jpeg

7DBCE932-BF65-4C5C-9F51-E54EAFA765C1.jpeg

F46F592D-FBC6-4775-A6BF-B9B27CBE1463.jpeg

8FA0181C-57FA-41C5-8E7B-6CAEE8AA3DBF.jpeg

That's warmer than it was when I dove there in March! Wow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom