Help Me!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi

I hope they did nt set the kid off. if they did they have no hart.

But anyway reg's are very expensive in USA. Very expensive.

Scuba diver03; i am not sure what kind of reg you have but try to look on the internet a little more before you something next time. There are also other stores that will sell you stuff cheaper.
I hope you will have a good time with this reg though.

Happy dving

Xerxes

Looking around for the best price is fine, but just be aware that if you buy a regulator online, you will lose the factory warranty on it. So, when you need an overhaul,you will be paying for service kits, and you will also miss out on any factory upgrades to your reg. this does happen occasionally...

I personally would never buy any life support equipment online...

(Sorry, I had to bring in the LDS vs. online thing) Xerxes started it...

But anyways kid, I dont think you got ripped too bad. We usually sell used conshelf's for like $150, and the octo for $60, and a console for $120... SO, not that bad at all depending on what condition they are in...

SD03, we all live and learn. Don't beat yourself up too badly about this.

The Conshelf series are/were good regulators. The 22 was near or at the end of the Conshelf production. I have never owne4d one, but used the 22 several times as it was the standard student/rental reg at a shop I worked for.

As long as the reg you bought is in good mechanical condition, it should still have a long life ahead of it and be worry free.

However, as stated by others, there is no warranty should something go wrong, and service will cost each time.

Personally, regulators are the one item I will spend extra on to buy new. Life support is worht the price.

Good luck and use this reg conservatively the first few dives until you gain confidence that it will work for you. Don't make your first dive with it a night dive to 130'.

I bought a used conshelf 22 as my first reg set. It worked great, I eventually decided to upgrade to a new poseidon when I could afford it but there is nothing wrong with what you have and the price seems to be OK. One thing my local dive shop told me is that the conshelf 22 can't be cleaned for nitrox use. Something about it having some neoprene parts that can't be swapped out with nitrox compatible parts. Not a big deal right now, I am sure if you are a new diver nitrox is a little while away for you.

Brent

SD03, I see you live in the Seattle area, so do I. where did you buy your reg. from? If I were you, I would have your regulator serviced by a reputable dive shop before you use it, there are a couple that are pretty close to you. Once it is tuned up, it should give you years of service. But really, have someone qualified look at it.

Back
Top Bottom