Help needed.... Emergency Assistance Plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhoody

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I would need some Emergency Assistance Plans of the different PI diving destinations for several publications, I do have already a nice collection, some need to be updated and many more are just not existing in my files.

Would be great if you guys could help me. of course I will post the whole collection here too when done.

PM me or if you already have one ready about your place, it would be great if you mail me the file to rhoody@dumagueteinfo.com

All help is appreciated
thanks in advanced

cheers

Rhoody

Subic Bay - Emergency Plan from my shop...

Attachments

• Emergency Plan.doc
    83.5 KB · Views: 517
Rhoody, could u share with us what you have. Will help the rest of us and if we sport any changes, everyone benefits...

First of all thanks for the plans I received.
Black Red, I will post them as soon I am done with my courses (mid next week). I need to enter some into the computer as I have it only as a print-out.

again keep them coming,

If there are more than one for one region I will put them together to get more important numbers and contacts on the sheet.

cheers

Rhoody

Rhoody

If you have time, would it be possible to provide a good template for EAP's to help others to prepare one in areas where they do not (formally) exist?

Our feeling is that many know what to do, but do not put this in writing/inform all those involved.

We feel that this is a very important matter for dive safety and dive tourism development in the Philippines.

Many dive operators in PI's do not have/cannot be bothered to plan for an emergency as life is so cheap here. Rich Filipino divers have a fallback plan (they bring their own security - M15, Uzi's, Glock's, etc.). They also have their own evacuation plan.

It is very important that US/Europeans must make good insurance for travelling here in the PI's as good healthcare is expensive.

I strongly advise you take out DAN insurance before coming here and get contact details in the PI's for DAN which you can rely upon - not just the word of a local dive company which often means nothing.

Regardless of the lack of EAP's in most areas, talk to dive operators and ask if they have an EAP which your insurance company (DAN, or other) can work with.

Few areas in the PI's which purport to be friendly for dive tourism actually have a proper EAP and that staff will know what to do in a dive emergency.

IMO, there are many people posting here who do not know the meaning of EAP/simply do not care about this,

Foreign dive tourists must email their dive operators here to check this out. After all, what is your life worth?

Back
Top Bottom