Help needed please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gene_Hobbs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Many of you are familiar with the work I have done in creating the Rubicon Research Repository. Now, I need your help!

I learned today that the "Chase Community Giving on Facebook" program selected Rubicon for their contest. We need your vote to help us get into the top 200 charities. You can vote by signing into Facebook and casting a vote for us here. The voting will take about one minute of your time. Please have all your friends and dive buddies vote as well.

While you are at it, feel free to hit our fan page to say hi!

Thanks so much for your help!
Gene

Chase Community Giving - Rubicon Foundation

The voting will take about one minute of your time. Please have all your friends and dive buddies vote as well.

Hard to tell if I actually voted, FaceBook takes you all over the place and ultimately keeps bringing you back to a page that says "Get Started and Vote."

I gave up after about four attempts.

So, hopefully I voted for you...

Done and done.

Done. It took about ten seconds.

Thanks for your work, Gene.

You deserve it, Gene.
Vote cast, good luck, thanks again for the repository.

-Bryan

Just voted. As RJP noted, it's not a very good UE. You're never really sure if you did it correctly or where it's taking you.

I created a facebook account so I could vote. I click the green "Vote Now" button, and a popup window says "Just one more step. We promise. Click Like below and then click the vote button". I click "Like", then to the right of it appears a link that says "Verification required", which, when clicked, takes me here: Chase Community Giving | Facebook

I don't see what I'm supposed to be verifying on that page or anywhere else. I tried.

Edit: I think I got it. I had to click "Like" in the upper left corner - not in the popup window as instructed. Now when I click on the blue diamond with the H in the middle, it says I've cast 1 vote of 19 allowed. Holy usability issues..

P.S. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom