Help with Large Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bruce119

Registered
Reaction score
I have recently got a pair of used force fins. There was no size on them I took a chance the price was rite. They are like new any way they are quite large. I have #10 wide foot and with a booty on they seem quite large I have to pull the straps all the way just to keep them on and I have a LOT of wiggle room. It seems I could get like a combat boot in there.

Any Ideas is this normal do I have a really large pair like XXXL. Any thing I mite be able to do to get them to work. I have a 3-4 mill booty. I like the short fins easy to walk with them on since I do a lot of beach and river dives. I'm into fossils.

Any help or opines I'll take them all
Thanks
Bruce

force fin makes a liner so you can use the fin with no booties. Maybe look on there web page to see if you can find a pic. Thay dont cost much and thay are very stong. And will shrink the foot pocket a full size.

You can get 7mm booties and add the Force Fin liner. Between the two it might just work. I have the same problem with my F/F pros. Also some of the Navy Seals use these with combat boots so your right about the fit!

I have force fins and love them. My problem was having the bootie shrink at depth and the nylon strap slipping off the back of the bootie. This was fixed by adding stainless steel spring straps as per some other posts. I used the original screws and used brass grommets on the loops of stainless spring material. If you're interested, PM me and i have pics. mk

I had the liners and wore them out, just get some old 7mm neoprene and strap them in there thats what i did and its working fine now.

must be the XXL. The XXXL is HUGE, like size 13 combat boot big. FF will generally fit loosely, they really just need to be snug enough that they don't rub on the side of your ankle bones and they are ok. I would recommend trying a hard sole 6-7mm boot (you know the ones with the sneaker like soles) before the comfort instep. probably about the same price, but you'll get more function out of the boots.

I wonder how used they are as Force Fins have the size on the bottom of the foot pocket. With a 10” wide foot and it being to big I would imagine you have a XXXL which is Huge. You could try the Force Fin instep
instep_product. I have even used two insteps for team members who have really small feet. Of course that is in a team setting where we are constantly switching from different boot set ups and have different sizes of feet. Insteps are cheaper than new fins, but you can always rig up some fix as the other scuba board members have mentioned. Good Luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom