Help with planning trip please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forestfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My husband and I would like to go somewhere in the Caribbean in mid-June. We will be taking two children, ages 5 & 8, as well as a nanny. So we are looking for a location/island that will have plenty to keep the kids entertained. We also want to do some diving while there.

Our only other experience was on the GBR (amazing!). We also don't want to break the bank. So, any suggestions?

Personally, I'd rather not go to Jamaica, Bahamas, Puerto Rico.

Phew. You would break most people's banks over here if they took a nanny along for their dive vacations! :D

I would try the Marriott in Curacao. Plenty to do topside and a great dive op at the resort. Fun place to visit too.

My husband and I would like to go somewhere in the Caribbean in mid-June. We will be taking two children, ages 5 & 8, as well as a nanny. So we are looking for a location/island that will have plenty to keep the kids entertained. We also want to do some diving while there.

Our only other experience was on the GBR (amazing!). We also don't want to break the bank. So, any suggestions?

Personally, I'd rather not go to Jamaica, Bahamas, Puerto Rico.

Another option is Breezes Curacao. The rooms are probably not as fancy as the Marriott but it is all-inclusive, reasonably priced and they do have activities for small kids.

You can shore dive on the house reef (Oswaldos' drop-off). They have an on-site dive shop run by Ocean Encounters.

forestfish,
y'all might like looking into cozumel.
there are some very nice resorts that are ai.
very child friendly.
good location close to the most favourite reefs.
compared to other carribean spots, somewhat easy on the wallet.
please let us know of your choice and the good time you had.
regards,

Having travelled the Caribbean with nanny and kids int tow for many years I weould have to agree that Cozumel has the best chance of meeting your needs without breaking the bank.

You might want to try Playa del Carmen as well. Lots of things for kids all along Highway 307. Xcaret (sp?) (Mexico's version of Disneyland) is right there, Xel Ha is a water park further down the coast and the Mayan ruins are easy to get to. There are a lot of big AI's in Playacar that will have kid's programs. You can either dive there or catch the ferry to Coz.

For a more laid back scene, try Akumal. Plenty of condos on Half Moon Bay, kid's center in "downtown" Akumal, GREAT beaches, in late May/June sea turtle nesting (July/August hatching), good ocean diving and GREAT cenote diving. Akumal is about 40 minutes south of PDC, so the same kid's activities (parks, ruins) are accessible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom