[Henderson] Thermaxx vs Thermoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maxpcf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's time for a new wetsuit and I've been looking at Henderson's Thermaxx.

Does anyone know if there is any significant difference between their thermaxx & their normal thermoprene?

Thermaxx seems about twice the price and while it has a few nicer details I can't tell if it will actually keep me much warmer or make much of a difference in the suit quality.

Would also consider their aqualock if you think that is much better.

Thanks

I recently bought a thermaprene plus 3mm full suit. I have owned several thermaprene suits. The quality of the manufacture of the plus suit seems significantly higher, we'll see how it holds up to time.

My husband and I own and love our Thermaxx. We both tried on the "old" Thermoprene and absolutely "hated" it. I know, strong word, but that's how we felt. The Thermaxx felt so much softer and easier to don and doff. It was also better fitting, meaning much less water flowing in and out, and therefore warmer. We have not tried the "new" Thermorprene Pro, but I suspect that it's much improved over the "old" version. We also tried the Aqualock and we did not like it because it was very restrictive but YMMV.

Have you considered Henderson's flagship product line, the Aqualock series? I have AL suits in 7 and 3mm and by far the warmest suits I have ever used. I do have a Thermoprene in 1.5mm so I can't really compare this suit to the AL as Henderson does not make the AL series in 1.5mm.

I have a 3mm as well as a 7mm Thermaxx Titanium. My son has Thermoprene 3mm and 5mm. They don't make Thermaxx in his size. As far as I know, one of the biggest differences is the addition of what they call "fire fleece" inside. Maybe the fire fleece is only in the Titanium one??? I have it and I love it. it is very comfortable and also very warm to the point I will say a 3mm henderson with fire fleece is probably as warm as some other brand 5mm suits. There is supposed to be something about the Thermaxx Titanium suits that allow for a lot more stretch. When I started out I had a 3mm ScubaPro suit and felt like I was being squeezed. I have a fairly big chest size and the Thermaxx Titanium solved the problem instantly. Buy with confidence if you can find your size. You will love the suit. Thermoprene does not have the Fire Fleece lining, but I would take one of them over other brands for the fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom