Hens and Chickens Islamorada 5-25-14 few pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the traffic gets heavy, I opt for Card Sound Road over the stretch. Today, the vehicular traffic is way down by DJ's Diner.

Deeper Thoughts; thanks for posting. That is one of my favorite sites. I've only dove it a few times with Conch Republic but have been lucky enough to have no other boats in the area on those occasions.

After surfacing and seeing all those boats, we were pleasantly surprised that we didn't see another diver during our dive

I stay away from the keys during this weekend. It's far to hectic. A few years ago I got caught in 8 hr traffic jam from Key West to Key Largo. Never again.

Agreed. I never would have headed down that way yesterday if I hadn't had visions of a chance encounter with a great white on the Spiegel dancing in my head. Getting down in the morning was a breeze. Traffic was a little sticky after I got off the water; I headed south, stopped off at Mr. C's new location for a gulp of ice cream, and then it was a bit of a slog getting from there to Mile Marker 88 for a late lunch and some drinks in the sun. Not much traffic on the way out in the early evening.

I agree on Card Sound; more often than not it's my exit route from the Keys simply because it gives me a nice view of the sound and the option of stopping at Alabama Jack's at the end of the day. Took Useless 1 out instead this time because I was already dog tired.

Monroe county sheriff reported traffic backed up from Islamorada to Marathon

I was able to make it home safe from MM100 to MM99.5. Fortunately, it only took three hours. :D :D :D

I'll be there in about a week and a half...was there back in November too. Cannot wait. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom