Herd Immunity in Indonesia

Would you travel to Indonesia after they have accomplished herd immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That seems to be this week’s plan in the US. The plan for vulnerables is “good luck”.

I've been trying to get my head around the table in the link. It shows that the deceased covid infected had other conditions that caused their deaths?

A logical step would be to put an emphasis on taking care of the vulnerable and throwing resources at keeping them protected, as opposed to restricting the freedom of the world's population

You mean like this: Coronavirus and shielding of clinically extremely vulnerable people in England - Office for National Statistics

(60 ish percent of very vulnerable people are staying at home completely)

And yet people are still dying, indeed numbers dying are increasing as the earlier restrictions are eased and the U.K. government tries to get people to physically go to offices, pubs etc to save on bailout money.

I'm not 100% familiar with the intricacies of the European approach, but from what I'm seeing from oz, the European approach is aimed at accepting & living with the virus. So something like this.

Being in oz there are some of the stringent controls in the world in some states. The hypocrisy of certain regional governments are absurd, a celebrity or sport star may be allowed to cross borders without quarantining, but elderly & child cancer sufferers are missing out on life saving treatment because of covid bureaucracies

Are you in Oz or Indo? Your profile says Indo.

European model appears not to be that effective. Second phase kicking in with a vengeance.

Hey Dan,

What do you think about Sweden? Are they OK compared to the rest of the world?

Seems pretty good me? I think you agree?
Here is Sweden:
View attachment 613259
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12662190/second-wave-coronavirus-sweden-didnt-lead-rising-deaths/

Are there take-aways we can take from Sweden for Indonesia?

cheers,
m

Sweden fared a lot better than some other Western countries. The very good thing I read, is that they are counting T-cell immunity which has double the number of people with covid antibodies over there. So they believe they are close to herd immunity.

In the rest of the world, if attention was taken away from antibody immunity & vaccines, and focused on T-cell immunity, the herd immunity level would be reached much sooner

Perhaps Indonesia could focus on T-cell immunity

You mean like this: Coronavirus and shielding of clinically extremely vulnerable people in England - Office for National Statistics

(60 ish percent of very vulnerable people are staying at home completely)

And yet people are still dying, indeed numbers dying are increasing as the earlier restrictions are eased and the U.K. government tries to get people to physically go to offices, pubs etc to save on bailout money.

No, I don't mean like this. They're only advising the "vulnerable" people to stay in their home

Back
Top Bottom