Herd Immunity in Indonesia

Would you travel to Indonesia after they have accomplished herd immunity?

• Yes

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How then? Build camps with barbed wire, big dogs and machine guns to keep them in?

Some people are so stupid, and by not following rules they may need that type of control.

If people can't think for themselves then others, who are democratically voted into power, have to do that for them.

Some people are so stupid, and by not following rules they may need that type of control.

If people can't think for themselves then others, who are democratically voted into power, have to do that for them.
You understand we are talking about the people most likely to die if infected? People with diagnosed pre existing conditions known to be an issue, such as under going chemotherapy? These people are mostly not going out AT ALL as their personal risk is too high. That would not be so necessary if the other measures had been applied sooner and enforced better. Once members of the government started traveling the length of the country WHILE KNOWINGLY INFECTED of course it went to pieces.

You understand we are talking about the people most likely to die if infected?

Sorry misunderstood that point I thought you were referring to the those people who don't follow the rules, my mistake.

My mother, who is 89, has been in her house since March without going anywhere and relying on the few neighbours in her village to bring food to her. I don't want her to catch this damned virus just because other people think they have the freedom to do whatever they want.

Let’s all get back to Indo, shall we?
This deviation from the original topic is an example of herd mentality.

In any case, I fail to understand the rationale for mandatory isolation of the extremely vulnerable. They are not significantly more likely to contract the virus, and they are not more likely to spread the disease. They differ from the general population only in their high probability of dying from it. If this is what they choose to do, out of stupidity or lack of information, why should that be anyone else's concern? Society certainly has an obligation to make Isolation easily accomplished for these people (I'm one of them) but there is no particular danger to society from letting them wander around as they choose except for the burden and expense of medical care for patients whose prognosis is close to hopeless. There is certainly no physical danger from these vulnerables. If we are going to lock people up in detention camps to limit the spread of Covid it should be people in their late teens and twenties, an idea I sometimes find appealing.

We can't even agree on the necessary measures required to control the spread of the disease eg wearing mask, how to take good care of the vulnerable etc etc.
As a ordinary person all I can do is to take good care of myself and WAIT.

Restaurant is one of the most dangerous place to pick up something that you have been trying to avoid!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom