Hero Armor housing fail....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Scotty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Note to self.....Don't go diving to 108 feet with this or you have a $500 bag of trash...
Go Pro underwater housing for the GoPro Hero and Hero2 by Marc Ellis ? Kickstarter
11526_10200529758319898_1068453737_n.jpg

It says max 100 feet on the specs but some people have cracked it at less than 70 feet
It would seem that the glass used is not par with the rest of the housing
There is a risk going with a pilot product especially if this is done by someone with no track record in the industry (that seems to happen with a lot of gopro product to be honest)

Specs say 100 meters. And it appears Hero Armor has disappeared off the face of the earth. Probably fixable with plex but not sure if worth trying.

Specs say 100 meters. And it appears Hero Armor has disappeared off the face of the earth. Probably fixable with plex but not sure if worth trying.
That's true 100 meters
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He did get $21,000 though so he may be laughing now

The only response from Mark was this "
[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Obviously, Im terribly sorry to hear about that Scotty, truly. My inquirey was so that I could forward that detail to the design engineer. Its the only only negative feedbad/incident reported from the 60 plus units out there right now." and that was April 5th. I have wait to see if he had anything else to say. i was very excited about this housing, even thou it was six months late from the promised delivery date.[/FONT]​

So I posted the picture of the damaged housing on his facebook page. He immediately removed it and removed me from his friends list. Now I not only lost my money but a Facebook friend....lol

Why would one use a different housing other than GoPro?

We have dived the Hero3 down to 450ft without incident.

Why would one use a different housing other than GoPro?

We have dived the Hero3 down to 450ft without incident.

The stock Hero 2 case, while underwater capable, will not allow the camera to properly focus. GoPro came out with a separate "underwater" case to fix this shortcoming. The stock Hero 3 case works great underwater.

The stock Hero 2 case, while underwater capable, will not allow the camera to properly focus. GoPro came out with a separate "underwater" case to fix this shortcoming. The stock Hero 3 case works great underwater.

GoPro Website:
Compatible with the original HD HERO and HD HERO2 cameras, and all GoPro mounts and accessories *except* the Wrist Housing. HERO3 housings have a flat lens, so they do not require the Dive Housing to capture tack sharp underwater shots.

BTW - The GoPro "dive" housing for the Hero 2 is marked down $10 to $39.99
Dive Housing for GoPro Cameras

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom