Hi From Kansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluewaterdiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello! This is my first post and just wanted to let everyone know that I think this is a great site! Can't wait to get out of the cold and into the blue!

Welcome to you and your husband! If you stay out in the cold long enough, you'll turn blue. Just teasing. I can (barely) remember the days of my youth in the Midwest when the only sensible diving during winter was in a warm indoor swimming pool!

Yes indeed! The only diving around here now would be black water rescue in a dry suite!Other than that, we go to Bull Shoals to get a little fix in between Cozumel time. We go to Cozumel every year during Carnival. Will be there Feb 22 thru Mar 1st! What a way to break up the bleak and cold winter! Anyone else going during Carnival next year? We always stay at the Barracuda. ALso, some good pics of cozumel and Wilam recovery at http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2118380855&mode=guest

Hi ya and welcome. I lived in Wichita for 2 years. It was warmer than Topeka by at least 1 degree.

My husband drives for UPS-his busy time of the year now. I tried to convince him to think of the snow as a "white sand beach" but only got a bah humbug out of him.

Welcome to scubaboard! If you havent already, check out the midwest muck divers section. Lots of us flat-landers here. Some of us try to get together at the blue hole in NM on occasion (maybe I'll be able to make it to one of them one day eyebrow ). Any way, the BH divers chat in the rocky mountain section. COME JOIN!

That sounds great! Been to blue hole NM one time but was not certified to dive at that point. Looks fun!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

bluewaterdiva:
Yes indeed! The only diving around here now would be black water rescue in a dry suite!Other than that, we go to Bull Shoals to get a little fix in between Cozumel time. We go to Cozumel every year during Carnival. Will be there Feb 22 thru Mar 1st! What a way to break up the bleak and cold winter! Anyone else going during Carnival next year? We always stay at the Barracuda. ALso, some good pics of cozumel and Wilam recovery at http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2118380855&mode=guest
Yep, going to Carnival, will be there on the 27th of Feb. and leaving March 4th. Also staying at the Barracuda...also from Kansas...what a small world!

500+ dives in Kansas? Either you fly more than me or you're an Inst - if the latter, be sure to get your badge.

:bandit_2: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom