Hi from Kyushu, Japan.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ko Ban Wa Kim.

I was stationed in Okinawa for about 3 years with the USAF. Learned to dive over there as a matter of fact. I remember it being very nice diving. So many places to dive it was hard to deside where to go.

Welcome to the board.

H2Andy:
actually, an experiment was conducted

the research concldues that it takes a WOMAN to be around for men to do wrong, you see...

this here is scientifical, too
Yes, however that study has been widely refuted because it was shown that all the researchers involved were men. Thus, inherent wrongness.
:54:

KimLeece:
Hi all -
I found this site yesterday while looking for info on using an Olympus C-5050 underwater - great site! I'm an Englishman in Japan (my wife is Japanese) - teach English - dive almost every weekend mostly around Kyushu - a few times a year in Okinawa (great diving there!).
We are going to Hawaii in July - anyone have any tips/info about the diving there?

Hi I recently found this site also.

I dove off the Sunabi Sea Wall and Mida Point in 2002 in Okinawa. Very healthy Reef. My novice experience about Hawaii is that Oahu is a little too touristy. I dove around the bays with charters and it is mostly dead corals around there. Plenty of tropical fish to see though. I have friends who told me, Hawaii, the "Big Island" has some nice areas and Maui are nice places. You may want to do more research and asking around about these areas though since I never have been there. Good luck and have fun.

I just left Hawaii in December after 38 years. I have been diving for two years. Depending on what you are looking for, there are great dive spots all over the island. If you're going to be there in the summer months then the North Shore is the place to be. Sharks Cove, Three Tables, Fire House are great dive areas and are very easy shore dives. (My favorites) Haleiwa Trench is an awesome night dive, some the of biggest turtles I have ever seen, nestle into the wall for a peaceful nights sleep. I will give you my ex-husbands e-mail address and phone number if your interested in contacting him, he's a really nice guy and would be happy to take you to some of the spots. He also has a boat at his disposal, if the weather isn't cooperating for shore diving. We also have a dive buddy that used to live in Japan for many years, sorta like you, he's a white guy married to a Japanese gal, and now makes a living taking tourists diving. Let me know if you'd like to get in touch with him and I can e-mail you his numbers. I'm a little jealous, I miss Hawaii sooooooo much.

Welcome to the board, next time in Okinawa give me a call and we'll show you some of the best local sites. Also need to get to Yonaguni while you are over here its absolutely awesome.

Hi Kim!

I'm a new diver up in Yamanashi pref. My name's Joel, I'm from California originally, and, like you, I'm also teaching English and married to a Japanese woman. My only diving so far has been in Izu, when I was certified. But I plan on doing more diving this season, if I can scrape the funds together! Certainly interested in hearing of your experiences diving in Japan! Also curious as to whether you have found good sources for buying gear here.

Cheers!

Joel
:cheeky:

hello to you all!

hakofugu - I bought my gear in Singapore as I wanted stuff that was not easily available here (or cheap!) i.e. Dive-rite & Apeks.
I have a Japanese friend in Kotake who is an instructor and can get gear at good discounts - it depends what you want. Try to get to Okinawa it's really nice!

Diveoahu - great offer - I sent you a private message about it!

Mixedpuppy - I had a couple of dives off Mida point as well - it's a bit of a hike up the steps though!!

japan-diver - I've not been to Yonaguni yet (is that where those ruins are?) I have dived many sites round Kerama, and the caverns in Miyako-jima (Miyako is fantastic!!)

Hi KimLeece and welcome to SB, Search about Rea Sea and if you find it nice let me know, if you want todive there send me e-mail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom