Hi from the cradle of Texas liberty!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prosdog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, just joined the board this week, thought I'd post here and introduce myself. I live in San Antonio Texas. Been certified since 1981 by the now defunct NASDS. I've only gone on 5 dives in the last 30 years and none since my honeymoon 15 years ago. I just got my 17 year old son (from my practice marriage, not my present one) certified and I thought I'd take a refresher course to get myself up to speed so we could dive on our vacation in June, a Caribbean cruise. We'll be doing 2 dives each day in Grand Cayman and Cozumel, so this will be a great father son bonding thing.

Really looking to get back into the sport and being more active in it. Any suggestions on dive spots around San Antonio? My son and I will be doing his open water test at Aquarena Springs next weekend, any other spots close by? Thanks.

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

I did my OW dives in the Comal River, but that's not the best spot for daytime dives over the summer because it'll be overrun with tubers floating over your dive site. In the winter though, it may be one of the warmest spots around and good practice for drift diving. I'm going to do a night dive there in the next couple weeks.

I'm doing some of my AOW dives at Lake Medina this weekend. I know people dive at Canyon Lake and Lake Travis as well but I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing them yet.

Welcome to Scubaboard and back to diving. Be sure to check out the Texas Swamp Divers - ScubaBoard.

Howdy, be sure and check out laketravisscuba.com it is a great way to dive Lake Travis.

Welcome to Scubaboard and back to diving. Thanks for listing San Antonio as the "cradle" of Texas Liberty. I live in the "BIRTHPLACE" of Texas liberty - Gonzales, just 65 miles east of San Antonio. All Gonzales folks have a real issue with San Antonio folks that make the mistake of calling San Antonio the birthplace. WE sounded the battle cry "Come and Take It", challenging Santa Ana when he tried to take away the cannon! After that, he retreated, regrouped, and headed for the Alamo in San Antonio. Just a short history lesson for Scubaboard. We Texans are quite proud of our history!

Back
Top Bottom