HID wiring- HELP!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the proper wiring for a Halcyon 10W HID light?

I've got a blue, brown and yellow wire. The light is wired, but I need to know what to do with the wires when they go into the cannister.

Thanks,

Jack

Nah, just give me the right wires! I've got a GUE fundementals class tomorrow, and I need the light for it.

Any help would be most appreciated. It's getting late here and I'm getting frustrated!!

Thanks,

Jack

White wire is clipped off inside the lid.

Blue wire goes to right banana plug.

Brown wire goes to lower switch post.

Another Brown wire goes from middle switch post up to left banana plug.

This is all looking at the inside of the lid with the switch on the left, the wire gland on the right and the banana plugs at the top.

If you need polarity I'll go back out to the garage and get the battery.

UP-

Many thanks! I'm not using a banana plug yet, but I've got the gist of the wiring. If I put the blue wire on the battery plug and the brown wire on the switch post, I think it will do the trick.

If you don't mind, can you tell me the polarity so that I can double check it?

Thanks!

BTW, why do they include a wire that gets cut off?

The Brown wire from the switch is going to the banana plug that fits into the RED battery socket.

The Blue wire from the cord is going to the banana plug that fits into the BLACK battery socket.

UP,

You're the greatest! Thanks!

I'm going to solder now. Wish me luck on the class.

Don't get this wrong Jack... reverse polarity kills the ballast!!!

Brown to RED
Blue to BLACK

And I can only guess that three wire conductor has a better profile for sealing with a gland even though electrically the third wire is unnecessary.

BUT......

Before you try to fire the thing off let me go out and check once more....

gads this is making me nervous!!!

Back
Top Bottom