Hiding behind your screen name

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison:
There really are only two kinds of people... there are people who divide people into two kinds of people, and people who do not.
Rick :)
That's what it said! :eyebrow:

cdiver2:
I can send you some photos of me in my speedos :wink:

You do that and I will have to go to see Dr Joe Redner :eyebrow: for a lot of therapy.

Paul

Rick Murchison:
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the b*stards aren't out to get you."
Not if you get them first! :)

Usually by the time I join any internet board, my real name is already taken (by someone of the same name).

There are 27 of us just in the South King County phone book.

Besides, it's kinda fun to have another "identity" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Because:

Don Marcos Lopez Garcia de las Casas Sanchez de Santa Ana

Takes too long to write, and because I would prefer to remain;

an international man of mystery.

wstein:
You do that and I will have to go to see Dr Joe Redner :eyebrow: for a lot of therapy.

Paul
:11:
Paul I think you have just insinuated I'm repulsive = personnel attack. I will just have to report you to the mod squad :boings:
Besides you have hurt my feelings I always thought I looked s*xy in my speedos.
David

mania:
I'm using my name. Mania is in Polish a nick name of Maria. I have been called Mania since primary school.

And as a woman who expierienced rather serious threats made toward me by some total freak (after half a year he was arrested by police) I would rather not reveal publicly all of my personal details.
As SnowBear mentioned - women are targets more often than men.
Mania

What she said. Vlada is my real first name. And since my last name is the one of the kind too, i'd rather not disclose it publicly - for security reasons.

Harassment i don't really care about, identity theft however sounds like a nasty thing. I do not disclose my DOB anywhere - heard that DOB and full name made life easier for identity thieves.

cdiver2:
:11:
Paul I think you have just insinuated I'm repulsive = personnel attack. I will just have to report you to the mod squad :boings:
Besides you have hurt my feelings I always thought I looked s*xy in my speedos.
David

And here I thought I was fostering a life long friendship. Oh well. :11ztongue

Paul

I have folks popping by at work to say hello when they come to the island. That's cool.

The first time someone I didn't know stopped by my private residence, I was taken aback. I do want to meet people from this board when they visit the island, just not at 2:00am after a rousing night at the bar!

I guess there is still plenty enough info on this and other boards for someone to track me down in person, but I'd rather not make it any easier by regularly posting my last name.

Shortly after I joined SB, I had a photo up and selected one of the stock avatars. When the software was updated, my picture vanished. I've never bothered to replace it. Even though we can now do custom avatars, I just stick with the one I've always used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom