High Pressure Port Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stogie1020

Reaction score
If I am looking to purchase a new 1st and 2nd stage, and will be getting a new wireless AI computer soon, how many HP ports do I NEED for the "sender" as well as the normal function of the gear? Is one of the stated HP ports used by the hose going to the 2nd stage (thus I would need 2), or is this a "given"? What are more HP ports used for? Drysuits?

Thanks for the info, I love this place...

If you plug your Drysuit or Second stage in a HP port you are going to kill them !!

you will need
1 HP port for the transmitter maybe a second if you are going to run a SPG.

1 LP port for your second stage
1 LP port for your octo
1 LP port for your BCD
1 LP port for your Drysuit

So totals
2 HP ports
4 LP ports

Stogie1020 once bubbled...
If I am looking to purchase a new 1st and 2nd stage, and will be getting a new wireless AI computer soon, how many HP ports do I NEED for the "sender" as well as the normal function of the gear? Is one of the stated HP ports used by the hose going to the 2nd stage (thus I would need 2), or is this a "given"? What are more HP ports used for? Drysuits?

Thanks for the info, I love this place...

I think you should have 2 HP ports. One for the sender and one for a mechanical gauge. You might not need/want the mechanical spg most of the time but if you're diving somewhere where you (or worse, or buddy) would have to sit out a dive (or a whole day of diving) because your sender crapped out then the backup is nice to have.

R..

Diver0001 once bubbled...
I think you should have 2 HP ports. One for the sender and one for a mechanical gauge. You might not need/want the mechanical spg most of the time but if you're diving somewhere where you (or worse, or buddy) would have to sit out a dive (or a whole day of diving) because your sender crapped out then the backup is nice to have. R..
2 ports are nice, but are not needed.

If if the sender fails and you don't have an SPG attached, you abort. Then during the surface interval just unscrew the sender and replace it with an SPG.

I've seen several AI computers fail in tropical resorts,where the divers did not have any backup. Luckily, in each case, either the boat operator or another diver had an extra reg set from which the SPG or console could be borrowed.

I like the idea of backups, and since I have a 3-guage console with a non AI computer in it, I will probably leave that one, thus necessitating 2 hp ports. Thanks for the info. I gues the Scubapro MK15/S550 is out then.....

The Mk 15 has 2 HP ports, as does the Mk 10, Mk 10 Plus, MK 20 and MK 25. The only readily availabel Scubapro first stages that do not have 2 HP ports are the Mk 3, Mk 2, and Mk 16.

Back
Top Bottom