Historic Logos, Decals, and Patches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just getting back to this thread. Finally dug these out of the workshop. These are from my Dad. His club patch from late '60s, early 70's, a "dive" watch he made for my mom, and old dive training book from 1970.

+1 on the Strykowski book. It was my manual for YMCA scuba diver certification back in '79.

+1 on the Strykowski book. It was my manual for YMCA scuba diver certification back in '79.

I too recall Strykowski and its use in the 1970s -- also at the Y. Diving for Fun -- wow, does that bring back memories. Wasn't it published by the old Dacor Corporation?

Attachments

• IMG_2234.JPG
    IMG_2234.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 99
I have two versions of Joe Strykowski's Diving for Fun, both published by Dacor Corporation:

Paperback:
upload_2020-5-25_6-9-27.jpeg

Hardback:
upload_2020-5-25_6-9-51.jpeg

The title "Diving for fun" reminds me of an illustration from Peter Small's 1957 Your Guide to Underwater Adventure:
upload_2020-5-25_6-14-44.jpeg

The caption "If underwater swimming is not fun, it's not anything" says it all.

Well, in the spirit of Dacor, having published that old dive book, here's a vintage ad, including a logo, along with something more questionable, these days . . .

Attachments

• IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2237.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 113
IMG_2278.JPG
Here's a vintage 1970s Sportsways ad, along with its logo . . .

Kievguma is a Ukrainian rubber goods manufacturer located in, and named after, the country's capital city: Kiev. Kievguma translates into English as "Kiev Rubber". The plant has manufactured diving masks and swimming fins since Soviet times, when it was called "Красный резинщик" (Transliteration: "Krasny Rezinshchik". Translation: "Red Rubber Worker").

Logo in Russian:
upload_2020-6-9_9-9-9.png

Logo in English:
upload_2020-6-9_9-7-46.png

Kievguma's best-known diving products are the "Akvanavt" (Russian: Акванавт. English: Aquanaut) fin:
upload_2020-6-9_9-16-1.jpeg

and the "Akvanavt" mask:
upload_2020-6-9_9-19-4.jpeg

upload_2020-6-9_9-19-25.jpeg

upload_2020-7-10_14-13-38.jpeg
Hi,

Back when...If you dove Saba, you got this neat plastic “badge” to attach to your BC. I haven’t been back in decades, so I don’t know if they still give them to divers.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom