HLD lamp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Plazma,

I'm just planing to order one of these lights.

"My german is not wery good." Your German don't have to be good since their website is also available in English. :wink:
Hai-Su

Looks like their English isn't wery good either. :)
That's strange, because all people from Germany that I've met spoke very good English.

But the product looks like LED's.
Doubt that it's focusable judging from the looks of the head, but I haven't looked at the spec sheet..

I found a link to the german version of the site. Never noticed the english version :loopy:

Still looking for more info about HLD. No luck on Googling so far.

Wow, seems like an English speaking person refreshed their website.
:)
But I'm still missing the translation of the "technologie" which is available ont the German site.:(

Plazma:
Have anyone heard about HLD lamps? :confused:

http://www.mal-lighting.com/ is selling HLD lamps.

My german is not wery good. Is there any other web pages about HLD lamps?

Hi Plazma,

I bought two of their backup torches one moth ago. These torches are the brightest I've ever seen, that's why I'm planing to order the big HLD3 light.

Abyzz

the hlds, are from what i can tell, 3w or 5w luexon star leds. manufactures have found a new way to make leds superpowerful and you can find a review of a luxeon star light on flashlightreviews.com ( i think, try google). the 3w used in the uhdl3 is older technology as they have come out with 10w ones.

Tidoubleger24:
the hlds, are from what i can tell, 3w or 5w luexon star leds. manufactures have found a new way to make leds superpowerful and you can find a review of a luxeon star light on flashlightreviews.com ( i think, try google). the 3w used in the uhdl3 is older technology as they have come out with 10w ones.

I wish you much fun to controll the head management of a 10 watt HLD :wink:
When I ordered my HLD3 they told me that the 5 watt Luxeon LED does not have the brightness of a 3 watt LED. They also told me that they used the 5 watt before. 5 watt got 4000-5000 Kelvin 3 watt got up to 8000 Kelvin.
BTW I've done more than 20 dives with my HLD3 and I'm very impressed about this kind of light.

Abyzz

Actually the 5W Lux is much brighter than a 3W, but it is a larger light source and won't focus as tight (the 5W uses 4 emitters in one package). So how bright it is depends on what you are comparing. The 3W will produce a smaller, brighter hot spot, but total light output is greater with the 5W.

As for color temperature, that is a function of the "bin" of the Luxeon emitter. It has NOTHING to do with the wattage.

And finally, there are no 10W Luxeons. The units advertised as "10W" are actually 3x3W units in one head with a tri-lens optic.

Aloha, iG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom