HOG 6 ft SMB lift

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm interested in this as well, as for some reason in my local area they insist that SMB's have 50# of lift in order to do the deep diving courses. I guess they rely on it as an emergency buoyancy device.

I heard the same from IANTD instructor.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

That's gonna be a pretty big SMB - the "standard" 6 foot ones are all about 40 lbs of lift. You should probably ask them specifically which SMBs they are using

some agencies are pushing using a smb as emergency buoyancy. I personally think that's not so smart.. Fun skill to learn but when the REAL SHTF it wont work. A balanced rig you can swim up at all times or REAL redundant buoyancy (Drysuit or even the non Hogarthian/DIR double bladder) is a much better choice IMHO

some agencies are pushing using a smb as emergency buoyancy. I personally think that's not so smart.. Fun skill to learn but when the REAL SHTF it wont work. A balanced rig you can swim up at all times or REAL redundant buoyancy (Drysuit or even the non Hogarthian/DIR double bladder) is a much better choice IMHO

I have drysuit and instructor is still requiring 50lbs lift bag/smb. Can't check if this is IANTD requirement or not for AN/D.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the dive-boat operators want to see a "deep" card to let you go on the wrecks around here. So I have to go buy an un-needed 50# SMB to do a course that's of no use to me as i'm going GUE anyway. :-(

Then buy a lift bag of 50lbs with the dump/opv at the top.

I heard there might be a Black Friday sale for HOG :wink:

On a serious note, 6ft HOG fits into a pocket quite nicely, their 70lb bag not so much :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom