Hog D2 first stage question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,

A quick question...on the weekend I was setting up for a dive and when I attached my first stage and turned on opened the tank there was air leaking. I removed and re-attached the first stage and the same thing happened. On examination I noticed that there was a slight gap between the hand wheel and the part of the regulator that the o-ring sits in. I checked it carefully and it was loose so I finger tightened it which solved the problem. I noticed that it has a hex key surface so I was wondering if I should tighten this piece beyond finger tight with a wrench. I'm hoping to avoid bringing the reg in for service as my Hog dealer is pretty far to drive. Thanks

Bob​

My buddy runs into this frequently and has to tighten his often. Keep the allen wrench handy.

It is possible to loosen that connection by turning the 1st stage body while under pressure. The proper torque should minimize the chance of inadvertently loosening the retainer.

100 inch lbs will do the trick. This is not uncommon with all brands of DIN regs, as AWAP stated turning the first stage can "break" the seal, then it backs out and you can get a leak.
Wondering what the correct torque is

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom