Hog Reg Service Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aminal

New
Reaction score
Is there anybody who offers this in Canada yet? If not is there a master list of course offering in the US?

Also, would a TDI Nitrox and an Ice Diving certs enough of a prerequisite to take the course. I am about to upgrade my regs (which I have been servicing for the last 15 years). Whatever I purchase I will continue to service but would prefer to have the support of the manufacturer.

Thanks

My understanding (possibly wrong) is that Nitrox (if you meant Adv. Nitrox....different story) & Ice would not be classified as a Tech level certification so you would likely be left out again. My recommendation would be to make friendly with a group that can get their hands on the parts and see if you can work a deal with them. I said screw it and hooked up with a guy in Oakville and he turned out to be a great guy to deal with. I welcome giving him my HOG service business and now fills and who knows what else in the future.

FWIW, I personally think it would be foolish to decide against HOG only because you cannot take the course today. I was misled when I bought mine and was angry at first (I was under the impression that I could take the course until after I had mine in hand).....but I now look at the cost and the performance and realize it was still a great deal/decision. YMMV

Is there anybody who offers this in Canada yet? If not is there a master list of course offering in the US?

Also, would a TDI Nitrox and an Ice Diving certs enough of a prerequisite to take the course. I am about to upgrade my regs (which I have been servicing for the last 15 years). Whatever I purchase I will continue to service but would prefer to have the support of the manufacturer.

Thanks

TDI Advanced Nitrox would qualify as a technical cert. Ice Diving, not sure...

I took the course from Dive Right In Scuba in Chicago (they came to California and taught a course at the Long Beach show). Would highly recommend taking the class with Rod. Solid guy, good instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom