Hog Regulator Combo or get something better ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It went from a discussion about gear and progressed to a list of personal insults and accusations.
Unfortunately, when people run out of intelligent and relevant things to say, they devolve into name calling. It's simply impossible for some to accept a contrary opinion without ascribing all sorts of vile motives to it.

The Scubapro A700/MK 25 is a great reg.
:wink: It's not $1400 either and outperforms the HOG second stage...by a hair.

BD has an opinion, just like you and everybody else. The "life support" line is used often, it comes in many different flavors. Personally I wouldn't buy a used reg. Everyone here is more than entitled to buy a used reg. It is unlikely that I would buy a used reg. Nor would I buy a reg for $1400. I don't have to have a reason that makes sense to anyone but me. It's my money, not yours.

I have read this entire thread. It went from a discussion about gear and progressed to a list of personal insults and accusations. Neither side won. It won't change what I buy or where I buy it.

I hope people understand this is tongue in cheek...:D

Cerich,

Welcome to Colorado!

I hope you brought your skiis. There is fresh Snow in Summit county.

nope, I'm Canadian:D if I was into skiing i would still live there. You have any good diving around here? That I would make time for.

We have high mountain lakes. It is decent local diving. Vis. 15' - 20'. temp. 50 degrees F.

We just finished our local diving season. Now we are getting ready for Indonesia.

As you probably know most divers in CO travel to the tropics to dive.

That is fairly low viz, back in the day I used to do some diving in glacier fed lakes in Canada that had 100-200 ft viz, of course they were also colder. What is the viz limiter around here?

I lived in Cayman for 5 years as a Instr., I find cold and dark more fun

We have high mountain lakes. It is decent local diving. Vis. 15' - 20'. temp. 50 degrees F.

We just finished our local diving season. Now we are getting ready for Indonesia.

As you probably know most divers in CO travel to the tropics to dive.

What is the viz limiter around here?
Good Question.

The lakes & rivers look crystal clear. However, the viewer is only looking through a few feet of water.

The phytoplankton causes the low vis.

Yes, as the water gets colder the vis increases.

Personally I wouldn't buy a used reg. Everyone here is more than entitled to buy a used reg. It is unlikely that I would buy a used reg. .

Do you buy a new regulator every dive? Are the used ones in a pile out behind the barn? Are they for sale?

Do you buy a new regulator every dive? Are the used ones in a pile out behind the barn? Are they for sale?

Neither of the regulators I own were purchased used. They are both for sale, for the right price you can buy them. They are used though.

Everything I have is for sale at the right price except the wife and the dog. I would have to think about a reasonable offer for the wife though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom