Hog Regulator Combo or get something better ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But I sure am enjoying the Scubapro MK 25 / A700 I got from BeaverDivers at a killer price.

$746.10 is a killer price? I know you could not have gotten it for less than that as SP only allows a 10% discount off of MSRP. I would hate to think that Beaver Divers is going against the all mighty SP.

$746.10 is a killer price? I know you could not have gotten it for less than that as SP only allows a 10% discount off of MSRP. I would hate to think that Beaver Divers is going against the all mighty SP.

Correct me if im wrong- but working with companies that do not allow discounted prices as such only pertain to advertised prices. Not the actual sell price. Shops can seek it at their price if wanted but just can't advertise or list the discount price. Right?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The MK 25 was ever so slightly used. Therefore the price was FAR, FAR less than $746.10 and that's with a brand new A700.

As a Scubapro Platinum Dealer we have created the " New Platinum Market", much better than the old grey market.

Beaver Divers is able to offer our clients better service at the best deal. Because we buy more intelligently and receive the best service, we are better able to offer Platinum Service.

The secret is out, that is why we are shipping SubGear/Scubapro gear nation-wide.

( Sorry if this sounds like an ad, I'm just responding to Aqua-Andy's post. )

simpsons-villagers-pitchfork-torches-001.jpg

Attachments

• simpsons-villagers-pitchfork-torches-001.jpg
    simpsons-villagers-pitchfork-torches-001.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 378
Are we having FUN, yet?

My experience with Beaver Divers has been phenomenal. I first came to know Casey because I had questions about the back plate and wing. I knew he had 40 years of experience and he would be a good source of information. I, myself, have been diving for over 22 years and I have never had an interest in diving a back plate and wing and I wondered what all the fuss was about. Since, I have a BC that fits me like a glove. I am also humble enough to know that in my many years of diving that I don't know everything.
After speaking with Casey (just so you know that in all conversations about different gear options he has never bad mouthed any brand of gear and even as far as our discussion just yesterday he has never bad mouthed the Hog regulators to me) and informing him that I had students who needed gear, we started talking about subgear regulators. He sold my students, at a very nice price; a BCD, regulator, and computer package. I also needed mesh bags and asked for a brand that I already know and liked and he suggested subgear mesh bags that he felt was a little nicer and bigger but also came for a lower price. He could have sold me the most expensive one. In all of my dealing with Casey he has always been very fair, and has a wealth of information about diving and scuba equipment. I know that Casey truly believes in the quality of Scubapro and Subgear products and so do I. We both also know that in our many years of combined diving experience there are many other good products on the market and they will all do a fine job if they are properly maintained and serviced by qualified personal.
Again, I trust Casey's opinion and experience and will come to him with any questions I have!

I don't know what the deal is, but every dive I do with the D1 2nd stage I get really bad cotton mouth. I thought the first time it was due to being a bit dehydrated, but this past weekend I did a lot of dives, no health issues, well-hydrated, and still had this happen.

My A700, S600, R395, and none of my Dive Rite regs make me feel this sensation. I don't get it. Two people I spoke to this weekend (one has Hog D1 and the other Apeks) have the same feeling.

James:

I get the same thing. I think it parts my mouth too far apart to allow any saliva to form, I get really dry mouth that causes me to start coughing, gagging and I have to find ways to get my mouth wet again. I am in the process of finding another mouth pc to see it that helps me or not. I tried the menthol cough drop that I read about last dive, but I was using my Oceanic as my husband was using my Hog. I did not have the coughing fits, but that mouth pc is much smaller. His is going in for service.

Last edited:
Correct me if im wrong- but working with companies that do not allow discounted prices as such only pertain to advertised prices. Not the actual sell price. Shops can seek it at their price if wanted but just can't advertise or list the discount price. Right?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

While that is how MAP (minimum advertised price) works, that is not the way the dealer agreement with Scubapro or Aqualung work. That agreement is a minimum sale price (MSRP minus 10%). Retailer who violate that price restriction are subject to lose their dealership (as happened with Aqualung and Divesport). Of course, there are ways the retailer can get around it including mixed brand package deals and fake receipts. Maybe that is why it required an all Scubapro package to qualify for the current PFL program.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom